Repository Creation Utility (RCU)
Install only items required for OBIEE 11g install
Having trouble installing?
Don’t use a directory path that includes a space. For example, “desktop” is under “C:\Documents and Settings” and will cause an error when you run rcu.bat.
Need hostname, port, service, and sys password from DB install recipe
Note schema prefix (“DEV_”)
Note schema passwords
1. Navigate to rcuHome/BIN/ and execute rcu.bat
2. The 11g installer welcome message screen will appear, click next
3. Select “create”, click next.
4. Database Connection Details screen, enter information from DB11gr2 install recipe
-Host name from DB install
– Port 1521
– Service name from DB install
– username sys
– syspassword from DB install
5. The “Checking Global Prerequisites” window appears, when it completes, click ok
6. Select components, click the “Oracle Business Intelligence” box. This will add only the Metadata services piece of “AS Common Schemas”, click next
7. Another validation window appears, click ok (RCU-08)
8. Schema Password, Select “use the same passwords for all schemas”, enter a password (Note it on worksheet), click next
Click ok in warning box
10. Creating Tablespace, when the tablespace creation is complete click ok.
11. Summary, review the summary and then click create.
12. Repository Creation completes, click close.
Install OBIEE 11g